- The First 90 Days, by Michael Watkins (WD) – offers proven strategies for conquering the challenges of transitions & that critical time with leaders.
- Developing the Leader Within You, by John C. Maxwell (AM) – leadership and management.
- Power of Positive Leadership, by Jon Gordon (MW) – being a positive leader can lead to great culture, unity, and connection in your organization.
- The Family Business, by Carl Weber & Eric Pete (DW) – really helpful for our business
Teamwork / Personal Effectiveness
- Anything by Eckhart Tolle – lots of them are on my list to read.
- Ideal Team Player, by Patrick Lencioni (BC, MD) – great one to read as a company.
- Fierce Conversations, by Susan Scott (DP) – liked the book better than her TED talk.
- Never Split the Difference, by Chris Voss (HR) – FBI crisis negotiator, very engaging
- Traction, by Gino Wickman (CB) – achieve success through the six key components
- Measure What Matters, by John Doerr (TB) – talks about OKRs & measurements
- Rocket Fuel, by Gino Wickman (JM) – the key combination of visionaries and integrators that worked for Disney, McDonalds, and Ford.
- The Goal, by Eliyahu Goldratt (MR) – written as a thriller about transforming management thinking throughout the world.
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits, by Verne Harnish (SS) – based on habits from Rockefeller, use these principles to improve your business.
- Value Proposition Design, by Alexander Osterwalder (JT) – R&D book
- The Match, by Mark Frost (GA) – legendary golf match between amateurs & legends
- Bad Blood, by John Carreyrou (TB) – rise and fall of a Silicon Valley start up
- An Unlikely Intervention, by Thomas Washing (PD) – powerful story of a business that took on the world’s second leading killer of children
- The Generosity Bet, by Ashely McCauley & William High (RH) – risk, reward, and real joy
- Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson (JL) – about death row and last minute justice
- Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt, by Michael Lewis (DP) – behind the scenes on Wall Street
- Stuff You Should Know – Podcast (LT) – great Podcast to learn about interesting topics; recent one was about the Lewis and Clark journey and leadership.
- The Four, Scott Galloway (FV) – hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, & Google
- Animal Farm, by George Orwell (AA) – great book about society
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand (JF) – taught me that it was okay to be selfish
- Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin (HH) – just finished the last book.
- The Brethren, by John Grisham (TK)
- Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett (AM) – centered in medieval England
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (SS) – looks at society in a different way
- Ball Lightning, by Cixin Liu (JT) – supernatural book, wildly imaginative
- Out of My Mind, by Sharon M. Draper (MW) – inside look at celebral palsy