Management or Skip-Step Check-Ins: To look at the crisis through the lens of your team member and better understand their needs.
- How are you feeling today?
- What’s been going well? What hasn’t?
- What’s gotten in your way?
- Do you have what you need to work from home?
- Do you need time off or additional flexibility?
- What ‘life’ work is impacting your ability to do your job right now?
- What would make you feel more supported?
- How do you plan to take time for yourself?
- What information are you looking to see from the leadership team?
- What have you learned? What opportunities do you want to seize?
Creative Ideas and Strategy-Driven Questions: Your team is a great resource for ideas and creative strategies during this time, don’t forget to use them.
- What aspect of working in an office environment do you miss? What aspects do you not miss at all?
- What tools/resources are you using to work-from-home that you find most valuable?
- What are ways we could positively impact our community as a company?
- What safety protocols would make the office a safer place to return to?
- What ways can we shift our products/services to assist our customers and potential new customers/markets right now?
- What could we be doing right now to better prepare for the re-opening of the economy?
- How is this situation impacting our customers in the short-term? Long-term?
- What vulnerabilities has this crisis shown in our company? How can we shore them up?
Ice-Breaker Questions: To start meetings on a positive note and learn more about your team members.
- What was your first paid job?
- Are you a morning bird or a night owl?
- Which season is your favorite? Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer?
- Do you prefer large group hangouts or small one-on-one hangouts?
- Would you prefer to go to the mountains or the beach?
- Which historical figure would you want to meet?
- What’s a hidden talent you have?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life thus far?
- What is one of your biggest goals within your personal life?
- What is your biggest accomplishment within your professional life?
- What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
- What’s a personal hardship you’ve been through that led to something positive?